Today marks a milestone in Erin's life...being away from Mom and Dad for TWO hours during church! She didn't seem too excited to go in, but she didn't cry either. I stayed for a few minutes so that she wouldn't feel like I just dumped her off. I gave her a little Play Doh and she promptly put it in her mouth. YUK! I don't know if she actually ate any after I left, but I do know she had fun.
I peeked in on her a couple of times. All of the classroom doors in the building now have small glass windows at the top instead of the little peek holes. They were installed within the past week or so. Love it! I watched her play with a little boy and later when I went to get her she was laughing while watching one of her teachers act super silly.
Her teachers could tell that I was a little apprehensive about leaving my baby, so when I came back the one teacher told me how Erin had a great time and that some of the kids thought she was their little pet. I knew exactly what he was talking about because I noticed it when I took Erin to check out nursery about a month ago. The little girls in the bunch (they couldn't be more than 18 months older than Erin) all love giving Erin her blankie and passie, then taking her passie out and then giving it back again. Erin lets them do it and it doesn't seem to bother her at all. So long as they don't try to take her blankie. I didn't take my camera to church to document this momentous event, but I did take these pictures a few minutes before we left for church this morning. There are more big events to come...don't tell Erin. She won't be thrilled. I'm planning to take the passie away sometime soon. Well, at least during the days. I think we'll still give it to her at night for a little longer. I can't stand the thought of taking it away, but it needs to be done.
3 comments:
She's so cute, Claire! My mom has said about 3-4 times lately that every time she sees Erin, she's gotten even cuter! I love her in her Sunday best, with a baggie of Fruit Loops! SO CUTE!
HUGE milestone! That is so great she had so much fun! And what adorable pics! I've been perched at the nursery doors so many times in my days. Thank goodness they just put in those windows! I have such a hard time leaving my kiddos. Austin's come to love his nursery teachers, so I know Erin's in good hands. Enjoy the freedom!
Post a Comment