Monday, December 17, 2007

Sue-pair-man (say it with an accent!)



Tony went to Costa Rica last month with his friend Eric. Here is my interpretation of one of the highlights of the trip. I've never been, so here goes.

I hear the streets are completely congested- full of everything- people, animals, cars, motorcycles....




And apparently COWS.
So the guys are on their way to the Superman ride. It's way up high, so they had to ride in the car for a while. And you thought Dallas traffic was bad! Imagine waiting for a mess of cows to get out of your way. I don't know about you, but COWS aren't the first thing I think of when I think Costa Rica.


And they made it to the top. Tony is getting all strapped in for his ride. They gave him the discount the locals get since he speaks Spanish! Looks like a nervous smile!!

Operator: "Torre dos, Torre dos, Dame un tres" (she's calling on the radio to the other tower, waiting for the go ahead)

Tony: "OOOOHH"

Operator: silence.
She didn't hesitate to send him off...

WAY, WAY OFF. He was above the trees, and the birds flying below. Yikes!!

That's my husband, the white speck in the middle of the picture. He made it without a scratch and he says it was a blast!

This is the view from Tony's ride. The ride at 60 miles an hour!

And this is the end of the ride...The Superman ride at Six Flags has nothing on this one!



2 comments:

Gary Church said...

Holy crap! I could NEVER do that. Ever. Okay, well, if Ryan's life depended on it ... but that would be it. I got sick just looking at the pictures.

Emily B. said...

That sounds like so much fun! I've never seen anything like that! The picture with him all strapped down is funny!